The COVID-19 pandemic has brought many changes to all of our lives. Nevertheless, our commitment to providing our patients with the best care possible remains the same. At CCSPOM, we follow updates from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the California Department of Public Health, and the county of San Luis Obispo as well as the American Dental Association, in order to keep you, your families, and our staff safe. We adhere strictly to the published guidelines for safe speech pathology and orofacial myology treatment. CCSPOM has always held to an extremely high standard when it comes to infection control and standard precautions, and now we will be increasing our measures.
THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES ARE IN PLACE IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19 AND ITS VARIANTS:
- We are staggering appointment times and reducing the number of patients per day to minimize traffic in the office. When you arrive, we ask that you wait in your vehicle until your scheduled appointment time. Knock on the door to be allowed in.
- Everyone will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to arrival at our office and before entering the office.NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED TO ENTER WITH ACTIVE SYMPTOMS OR A RECENT EXPOSURE TO COVID-19
- Temperature check and hand sanitizer will be provided prior to entering the office.
- It is preferable that only the patient come in for their appointment. Children are allowed one parent present. At this time, we unfortunately cannot accommodate additional individuals into the office (including a second parent, siblings, etc.)
- We will be using new PPE, including N95 masks, face shields, and eye protection.
- A new air filtration unit in the office cycles the room air completely and remove 99% of all virus particles in minutes.
- We have temporarily removed all magazines, toys, and other items from the office to prevent cross-contamination.
- As always, our instruments are sterilized after each use, or discarded if disposable.
- The disinfectant we use is EPA-regulated and kills viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens in 1 minute.
Please understand that our new protocols are being taken out of an abundance of concern for the health of each of our patients as well as that of our staff, and any public with whom you may come in contact.